The Alliance of Californians for Community Empowerment (ACCE – www.acceaction.org) is seeking a Civic Engagement Lead.
About the Position:
Support the fight for racial and economic justice in the state of California! ACCE is seeking a full-time, temporary Civic Engagement Lead who will recruit, train, and supervise paid outreach teams to contact voters related to local and statewide issues and electoral campaigns. In addition, the Lead will conduct outreach activities along with the outreach team members.
We seek an individual with a passion for economic and racial justice, and experience in voter outreach methods. Ideally this role is filled by a person who is energetic, can overcome obstacles, and can work in a fast-paced environment.
ACCE is a multi-issue, membership-based community organization, building the power and voice of poor and working families across the state of California. With offices in 6 cities, ACCE works in local communities and statewide to fight for economic, racial, and social justice. ACCE’s voter engagement work has reached over 100,000 voters in a single year to educate them on issues being decided at the ballot, and inspire them to make their voice count by voting at the polls.
This position will be based in Sacramento, CA.
The candidate will report to the office Director and will be responsible for the following areas of work:
- Contacting voters through canvassing and phonebanking for ACCE campaigns/issues.
- Building a canvassing team by assisting in the interviewing, vetting, and hiring process.
- Guiding the canvassing team towards reaching campaign goals/ holding team members accountable.
- Coordinating field outreach plans, including determining turf assignments, preparing materials and field technology, and nightly reporting.
- Coordinating phone bank operations, including station set up and breakdown, preparing program materials, monitoring and assisting phone bank team members when needed, and providing frontline IT support if necessary.
- Maintaining organized record-keeping of voter lists, timesheets, and program tracking.
- Minimum 2 years experience in voter outreach campaigns through field canvassing and/or phonebanking.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic computer literacy (comfortable with Google Docs, Google Sheets, and can learn new computer programs with ease).
- Comfortable using phonebanking systems
- Bilingual (English + Spanish) a plus.
- Dependable vehicle a plus (mileage reimbursed).
- Knowledgeable with PDI.
Compensation: The Civic Engagement Lead is a non-exempt hourly position. Pay is $18/hr. This is a full-time, temporary position.
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter, resume, and 3 references including at least one former supervisor to Sacramento@calorganize.org
ACCE is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and actively recruits people of color, women, individuals with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community.