Wall Street's new rental empire is built on the same risky "securitized packages" that caused the global economy to crash in 2008. But now this time instead of predatory loans, the foundation of their business model is built on unending rent increases and inhumane slumlord practices.
One thing's certain - we are the solution and we are already winning: Our organizing just stopped my eviction from one of California’s largest landlords and we will do it again!
Over the next years ACCE is going to:
- Go on offense against the corporate landlords buying out our communities
- Force California legislators to choose sides over whose rights are more important: the right to have a home and a roof over your head or the right for corporate landlords to profit from it.
- Expand rent control and just cause eviction laws by taking on repealing Costa Hawkins
- We will hold Wall Street developers accountable by closing mega real estate, speculator loopholes
- Fight to put more housing into land trusts - in permanently affordable, community controlled land.
Lets ride this victory and keep up the momentum.
Join us now!