Here are list of resources for Contra Costa resident's during the COVID-19 crisis:
Housing Resources and Updates
- Contra Costa's Sheriff's will not be executing any evictions until April 1st.
- The Director of Emergency Services ordered a moratorium on all coronavirus related evictions (evictions due to loss of income due to covid-19) for 30 days but can be extended.
Additional Housing Resources and Updates
- Singles only housing Contra Costa County Emergency Shelters Concord/Richmond Call 211
- Housing search assistance, screening & referrals for housing/utility assistance laundry, showers Greater Richmond Interfaith Program (GRIP) "Richmond (GRIP) 165 22nd Street" (510) 233-2141 M-F, 9 am-5 pm
- Bay Area Rescue Mission Richmond, 200 Macdonald Ave, (510) 215-4555
- Housing search assistance, screening & referrals for housing/utility assistance laundry, showers Trinity Center "Walnut Creek (Trinity Center)
1300 Boulevard Way" (925) 949-8712 M-F, 8 am-4 pm Wenesday: 12-4 pm is Women Only
- Women/families Bay Area Rescue Mission Shelters (510) 215-4860
- Family housing Berkeley Shelter Bed Hotline (866) 960-2132
- Shelter and services for homeless youth ages 18-24 Calli House (800) 610-9400
- Domestic Violence Shelter (STAND!) (888) 215-5555
- Shelter for single parents with children, pregnant woman with or without partner GRIP Family Emergency Shelter (510) 233-2141
- Transitional housing for homeless women and women with children Shepherd's Gate (925) 308-7507
- Transitional housing & rapid rehousing SHELTER, inc. (925) 338-1038
Food / Meals Access Resources and Updates
- Grocery stores and pharmacies will remain open so there is no need to jam stores or hoard items.
- Those engaged in or requiring essential services can continue their tasks while practicing good sanitation habits and social distancing.
- Exercising out-of-doors at our local parks while practicing social distancing is good for the body and mind.
- If you are able to offer assistance, or need assistance, two of the organizations that may help now are Meals on Wheels and Contra Costa & Solano County Community Food Bank.
- Contra Costa schools are closed during this time and providing free ‘grab n go’ meals to the many students who rely on them at specific sites.
- Contra Costa County Aging and Adult Services - Assistance with Food Programs in any City in Contra Costa. This Specialist can give out key information for food, home meals, and hours for Department stores open for Seniors
- Call (925) 229-8434 Then press 5 to speak with a Sr. Information Specialist that can give out key information for food, home meals, and hours for Department stores open for Seniors.
- Free Grocery Pick-up - for anyone by Monument Crisis Center call 925. 825.7751 Groceries can be picked up for neighbors or someone other than yourself as well.
- Monday March 30th 9am-12pm
- Tuesday March 31st 9am-12pm
- Friday April 3rd 9am-12pm
Home Delivered Meals Program by California Department of Aging - Local Area Agency on Aging (AAA)
- Call 925. 229.8434 Contra Costa County Services OR 1-800-510-2020 County Number - Message is bi-lingual. Message will ask you to leave a voicemail and include your City and County.
Reminders for those who live and/or work in Contra Costa:
- California’s State Resources for Employers and Workers includes waiving the 1 week waiting period for unemployment and disability insurance.
- You can support Contra Costa’s small businesses by ordering take-out, purchasing gift cards now, and shopping online.
- Recommendations from the Contra Costa Department of Public Health can be found here along with up-to-date coronavirus news and information.
- Here is a Mutual Aid Sheet that includes Housing, Mental health, Medical, Food Security, Health care, Transportation and more! by Lift up Contra Costa
HOW TO HELP
Monument Crisis Center accepts donations of perishable and non-perishable food during these times. To donate without leaving home, text MCC to 41-444.