Digital Phonebank Campaign Lead
The Alliance of Californians for Community Empowerment Action (ACCE – www.acceaction.org) is seeking a Digital Phonebank Campaign Lead for voter outreach.
Compensation: The Digital Phonebank Campaign Lead is a non-exempt hourly position. Pay is $18/hr. This is a part-time, temporary position.
About the Position:
Support the fight for racial and economic justice in the state of California! ACCE Action is seeking a part-time, temporary Digital Phonebank Lead who will directly train and supervise a digital phonebank campaign team.
Phonebank participants will work from home, and supervision will be done through Zoom and other digital communication.
The purpose of the phonebank will be to contact voters related to electoral campaigns, as well as local and statewide issues. The Lead will also participate in the phonebank and conduct voter outreach.
We seek an individual with a passion for economic and racial justice, and experience in voter outreach methods. Ideally this role is filled by a person who is energetic, can overcome obstacles, and can work in a fast-paced environment.
About ACCE Action:
ACCE Action is a multi-issue, membership-based community organization, building the power and voice of poor and working families across the state of California. With offices in 5 cities, ACCE Action works in local communities and statewide to fight for economic, racial, and social justice. ACCE Action’s voter engagement work has reached over 100,000 voters in a single year to educate them on issues being decided at the ballot, and inspire them to make their voice count by voting at the polls.
This is a work-from-home position. Employee may work from any location, as long as the following requirements are met.
- A relatively quiet and secure space to work from
- A stable internet connection with a minimum download/ upload speed of 2 MBPS
- A reliable laptop or personal computer
- A personal phone to make calls with
- Google Chrome internet browser (free download available)
- Zoom video conference software (free download available)
Employee will report to ACCE Action’s Civic Engagement Coordinator and will be responsible for the following areas of work:
- Contacting voters through phonebanking in advocacy of ACCE Action campaigns/issues.
- Guiding digital phonebank team towards reaching campaign goals/ holding team members accountable.
- Coordinating phone bank operations, including preparing program materials, monitoring and assisting phone bank team members when needed, and providing frontline IT support when necessary.
- Maintaining organized record-keeping of voter lists, timesheets, program tracking, and nightly reporting.
- Minimum 2 years experience in voter outreach campaigns through field canvassing and/or phonebanking
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledgeable with technology
- Comfortable using phonebanking systems
- Bilingual (English + Spanish) a plus
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter, resume, and 3 references including at least one former supervisor to email@example.com
ACCE Action is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and actively recruits people of color, women, individuals with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community.