Here are list of resources for Los Angeles resident's during the COVID-19 crisis:
- Los Angeles County announced moratorium on all evictions through May 31.
- Grocery stores and pharmacies will remain open so there is no need to jam stores or hoard items.
- Those engaged in or requiring essential services can continue their tasks while practicing good sanitation habits and social distancing.
- Exercising out-of-doors at our local parks while practicing social distancing is good for the body and mind.
- If you are able to offer assistance, or need assistance, two of the organizations that may help now are Meals on Wheels and Los Angeles Regional Food Bank.
- LA schools are closed during this time. A list of pick-up sites for food and schedules is available here.
- Eviction Defense Network offers tenants free online consultations. The lobby is closed to the public BUT they are here to help you. Please send us an email to email@example.com. If you can scan and email relevant documents, do so, and one of their lawyers will assist you. If you don't have email send a text or call (213) 537-5473 and one of the paralegals will assist you.
Reminders for those who live and/or work in Los Angeles:
- California’s State Resources for Employers and Workers includes waiving the 1 week waiting period for unemployment and disability insurance.
- You can support Los Angeles' small businesses by ordering take-out, purchasing gift cards now, and shopping online.