The Alliance of Californians for Community Empowerment (ACCE – www.acceaction.org) is seeking a Volunteer Coordinator.
About the Position:
Support the fight for racial and economic justice in the state of California! ACCE is seeking a part-time, temporary (Nov 2019-March 2020) Volunteer Coordinator who will recruit, train, and help supervise ACCE volunteer teams and allies to contact voters related to a statewide ballot measure that will reclaim $11 billion every year for schools and local communities.
The candidate will report to the ACCE Office Director and will be responsible for the following areas of work:
- Outreach and presentations (if needed) to local organizations and groups to recruit volunteers
- Placing calls to prospective volunteers
- Scheduling and keeping track of volunteer shifts
- Confirming volunteer attendance for events and volunteer days
- Training volunteers on how to properly collect ballot signatures
- Review petitions that are turned in for any mistakes/ oversights
- Assist in the coordination of field outreach plans, including determining turf assignments, preparing materials and field technology, and nightly reporting.
- Maintaining organized record-keeping of volunteer lists, petitions, and program tracking.
We seek an individual with a passion for economic and racial justice, and experienced in volunteer engagement or voter outreach methods. Ideally this role is filled by a person who is energetic, can overcome obstacles, and can work in a fast-paced environment.
ACCE is a multi-issue, membership-based community organization, building the power and voice of poor and working families across the state of California. With offices in 5 cities, ACCE works in local communities and statewide to fight for economic, racial, and social justice. ACCE’s voter engagement work has reached over 100,000 voters in a single year to educate them on issues being decided at the ballot, and inspire them to make their voice count by voting at the polls.
This position will be based in Chula Vista, CA.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Basic computer literacy (comfortable with Google Docs, Google Sheets, and can learn new computer programs with ease).
- Well organized and detail oriented.
- Comfortable making phone calls throughout the day.
- Bilingual (English + Spanish) a plus.
- Experience in volunteer management or voter outreach campaigns.
- Experience in training
Compensation: The Volunteer Coordinator is a non-exempt hourly position. Pay is $18/hr. This is a part-time (25 hours a week), temporary position.
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter, resume, and 3 references including at least one former supervisor to SanDiego@calorganize.org and cc email@example.com. Email Subject should read “Applicant - San Diego Volunteer Coordinator”.
ACCE is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. People of color, women, individuals with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.