Here is a list of resources for all California's residents during the COVID-19 crisis
Housing Resources and Updates
- Low-Cost Hotels for Health Care Workers - Our health care workers have been working tirelessly to take care of us. And we must do more to take care of them. Beginning today, California will start providing health care workers with low and no-cost hotel rooms so they don't have to worry about exposing their families to COVID-19 or making long commutes between home and work. Many low-wage workers will receive 100% reimbursable costs. Over 150 hotels across CA are participating in this program.
- Emergency Protections for Tenants During COVID-19 explained
- California Courts Issue Emergency Rule On Evictions And Foreclosures
- Flow Chart of Potential Protections (Public Advocates, National Housing Law Project, Western Center on Law and Poverty)
- List of Steps to Follow- English & Spanish (Public Advocates, Western Center on Law and Poverty, CRLA Foundation, Leadership Counsel, Legal Services of Northern California)
Employment Resources and Updates
- How to Apply for Unemployment in CA / Cómo solicitar el desempleo en CA
- Benefit programs available to help California workers who are losing wages due to the impacts of the Coronavirus by EDD
- Your California questions about cash payments answered by Sacramento Bee
Health Access Resources and Updates
- Regardless of your health insurance status, California is waiving all costs associated with the screening and testing of COVID-19. However, if you need follow-up or on-going treatment related to the virus, there are options for your coverage.